Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Love at First Sight By Lori Wilde


I was so extremely excited when I won an advanced uncorrected proof of Love at First Sight by Lori Wilde from goodreads. I could not wait to start reading this book. The cover was enough to make me want to pick it up and start reading, then I read the back... Oh my goodness I just could not wait to read it. All my excitement it turns out was just. This was an awesome book. I'm a huge fan of small town series romance books as I've said before so this is my kind of book! I loved the town of Cupid and there is some really cute history behind the town.

Natalie McCleary has had some really tough things happen to her. When she was a young child she was in an air plane accident with her parents. The accident left her with major issues with her leg and took the life of her Mom and Dad. Natalie had the willpower to drag her sister & herself from the plane and was able to keep themselves together until help arrived. I so felt for this girl. She has had to endure so much heartache and pain. When she meets Dade Vega she feels what she thinks just might be Love at First Sight. If anyone deserves to find love it is Natalie but she is very unsure of her feelings so she fights it for a while.  I felt an instant bond with Natalie. I know how leg pain & health issues can make you feel different and how it takes just the right guy to accept it. 

Dade Vega came to town in search of his foster brother Red, whom has went missing. He has looked everywhere he can think of and finally takes Natalie into his confidence. They search high and low around Cupid and other towns for Red with no visible sign. I so admired Dade for running to town to come to the rescue of his friend. They may not be blood but these two are most certainly brothers and family in every sense that counts. 


There is some very unlawful activity that is going on that ends up causing some major danger to Dade & Natalie. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone so I'm not going to say much about this but my goodness I really did enjoy how the mystery unfolds. It shows the real strength and will of Natalie.


Watching Dade and Natalie's love story unfold was just so compelling that it made for a real page turner. These two are so perfect for each other. They both have things from their past that they need to over come and they are just the right person for each other to help with that. I do believe in love at first sight so I also enjoyed that aspect of the story. 


I believe this is the first story I have had the pleasure to read by Lori Wilde I'm certain it will not be my last. I liked the flow of her work and I can't wait to find more by her. I see there is another Cupid, Texas novel that will be coming out, I would love to read it. 


If you enjoy a cute small town romance story with some mystery thrown in I really do think you will enjoy this book, I know I sure did. 






No comments:

Post a Comment