Sunday, November 3, 2013

Brooklyn Love by Yael Levy ~ Review ~


I found Brooklyn Love to be a very fascinating and entertaining read. I have to admit I did not know a lot about Jewish customs before reading this book. So, I found it interesting. I am always interested in learning something new.

Yael Levy has written a very touching story about young ladies of the Jewish faith trying to find their way in the world.

Rachel's mother wants her to marry for security. She thinks she has found the perfect man to marry or at least perfect in her mother's eyes. This is really good story about looking beyond the shiny surface to what is hidden under it. I really liked Rachel, she's trying to find her place in the world as well as follow the Orthodox Jewish customs. She's a strong girl that ends up finding her way through the maze of life. I'm not going to tell you anymore here, you'll have to check it out for yourself.

Hindy feels like the ugly duckling in the pound of swans with her sisters. She's disappointed she has not found a man to marry when the man that is just perfect for her has been there all along. It was fun watching this story unfold. It was a friendship turn relationship and I love those stories.

Leah has goals that she wants to do and her life is not going the way it should. I felt bad for Leah at the end of this story. Once again I don't like to go into to much detail, I would hate to spoil a story for anyone. 


On the whole I really enjoyed this very touching story about love, friendship, and families. I enjoyed Yale Levy's style of writing and I would certainly enjoy reading more of her work. 


I was given the opportunity to read and review this book to share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts on this book with you all. 



1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy learning about other cultures in the stories I read. Thank you for the thoughtful review.

    ReplyDelete