Saturday, December 28, 2013

Deathblow by Dana Marton ~ Broslin Creek #4 ~ Review


I have read several books by Dana Marton now and I always enjoy her work. She has a talent for keeping me on the edge of my seat while I am reading. I enjoy a nice romantic story with some great suspense included. 

Deathblow starts with an extremely dramatic and suspense filled scene that caught my attention right away. The rest of the book was just as thrilling and kept me completely captivated. 

Joe Kessler is one of those guys that I know I would want on my side if I was in trouble. He's brave, smart, and handsome as sin. He has a very dangerous undercover job and finds himself in many life threatening situations in this book. 

Wendy Belle has found herself in a horrible relationship. She is a mother of a little boy and she will do what she has to in order to protect her son. She is use to taking a lot of abuse and doesn't have a lot of trust for anyone. She does have a few friends that she does trust and they step up to help her. She is almost afraid to accept the help for fear of what her jerk of a ex-boyfriend will do to her when he finds out that she has told someone about the situations. 

Joe helps to watch over Wendy and her son. There is an attraction between these two right away, however Wendy has trust issues and isn't sure she should let Joe in her life. I really enjoyed how Joe interacted with Wendy's son. He shows Wendy how much a real father figure could mean to her son's life. Joe might be a strong tough guy but he has a heart of gold and it is a big teddy bear when it comes to the people he loves.

This is an incredibly captivating story that has a LOT of twist and turns that I did not expect at all. Overall this is a wonderful suspenseful romance that I really enjoyed reading. 
I really enjoyed reading Joe and Wendy's story. It was certainly an emotional read as well as a suspenseful one. 

I can not wait to see what Ms. Marton has in store for us lucky readers next. So far everything I have read by her has been wonderful. If you are looking for a romantic story that is going to keep you are on the edge of your seat as well I think you should check out Ms. Marton's work. 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my opinion with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Deathblow





4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I am looking forward to reading this story, I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really is another fabulous addition to the series :) I loved it!

      Delete
  2. <3 Wow, I'm so humbled by this amazing review. Thank you!!! Joe and Wendy are a couple close to my heart so it's incredibly thrilling to see someone else respond to them. --Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome! I must read this one!

    ReplyDelete