Sunday, February 9, 2014

Desperate Endurance by Kasey Riley ~ Review


I have to admit the first thing about Desperate Endurance that drew me to the story is that horses are involved. I love animals and stories that include animals. So that right there piqued my interest. I also enjoy a good mystery with some romance included. 

 Bethany has been through so much in the last year. The poor girl really did not need anything else added to her plate. When she stops to grab a bite to eat and rest at a no service rest area, she finds herself in an VERY dangerous situation. Bethany doesn't let the danger stop her though. She is determined she is going to do as she promised the victim she witnessed being shot and left for dead. She sets out to learn as much as she can about all those involved and changes her appearance as much as she can so that the killers can't find her as easily. Bethany ends up in many dangerous, suspenseful situations that kept me turning pages to see what was going to happen with her next. 

I love how when she arrives in Montrose how protective and caring the whole town is. She instantly finds several friends that are willing to protect her even though they don't her secret at first. I love this about small town stories, everyone is always so willing to help out. I also enjoy the humor of all the gossip that gets around so fast in small towns.

When Bethany & Roger met there is literally sparks between. They seem to have an electric current between them when ever they touch. These two have a great attraction to each other and it was a lot of fun watching them get to know each other even with so much else going on.

I have to admit, I really knew next to nothing about endurance Riding, before reading this book. I feel like I learned a lot about the sport through reading this book . I would love to watch these wonderfully trained horses in action sometime. I bet they are gorgeous when they are doing what they train for. 

If you enjoy a good mystery suspense with nice romance thrown in, I think you will like this Desperate Endurance . If you are like me an enjoy books that include animals in the story line, I think you might enjoy this one. Kasey Riley does a great job of describing the horses and all the circumstances that happen. The horses included in this book really are heroes. 

I believe this is Kasey Riley's debut novel and I have to say I think she has done a great job. I know I would certainly be interested in reading more of her work. 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Desperate Endurance.

1 comment: