Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Pulse: Book 1 in the Pulse Trilogy by Shoshanna Evers ~ Review ~

I have to admit that this is the very first post-apocalyptic book I have ever read. I was a little nervous because this is out of my realm of normal reading material. However, I find that I like to take a step out of my reading comfort zone and grab something a little different. The more I read about this series the more I wanted to try it. I have to say I'm really glad that I gave this series a chance. I really enjoyed The Pulse

Emily Rosen is a strong, independent woman that is trying to survive after the Pulse in New York City. She is living on the track at Grand Central and it is anything but a pleasant experience for her. She ends up in a LOT of trouble and there is plenty of drama that kept me turning pages to see what was going to happen to her next. This was a very steamy but also a very suspenseful book. 

When Emily runs away from Grand Central she meets up with Christopher Mason. Mason has been living on the streets since the Pulse and has done fairly well. That is until he gets himself mixed up with some of Emily's problems. These two end up on the move together. Which leads to some very steamy moments between these two. They really do have a connection they just don't know if they can make it together. There is so much going on and so much violence everywhere. 

I have to say this book really makes you think about what life would be like if we had no computers, no electricity, pretty much no modern conveniences that we are all use to taking for granted.

I think that Shoshanna Evers has done a fantastic job of writing a very intriguing story with a great plot and some very erotic moments. I have the other two books in this series in my to be read pile and I am looking forward to see what happens to more of the characters that I meet in this story. I'm sure that Ms. Evers has created another great storyline for them as well. So stay tuned for more review to come soon.

If you are a fan of Shoshanna Evers already but this type of book is a step out of your comfort zone I think you might want to give it a try. I know I am sure glad that I did. If you have not read any of her work yet give this one a shot. It really is a great story. 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on The Pulse

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, sounds like a compelling series.

    ReplyDelete