Tuesday, June 3, 2014

That Night by Chevy Stevens ~ REVIEW~

I had not had the pleasure of reading anything by Chevy Stevens before. I was offered the chance to read That Night through the chatterbox program. I have to admit the first thing that caught my eye was the title and then the cover. I am so happy I was given the opportunity to read this book and share my thoughts with you. I REALLY enjoyed That Night

Now for my thoughts. WOW, my goodness, this book is a very engrossing tale that tells the story of Toni Murphy and how one night completely changed her life. I don't want to tell you too much but I will tell you that Toni and her boyfriend Ryan are charged with and convicted of killing Toni's sister Nicole. 

Toni goes to a women's prison where all woman prisoners are kept. The violent prisons are kept in a different section from the less violent but at times they are all together. Toni has to grow up quickly in a horrible environment. I really felt for this girl. She loses so much beyond her freedom. She goes through so many things and has to learn to stand up for herself. I did like that she finally after a few years was able to find some true friends in the prison system that all stick together. She really needs the family feeling because she lost her family when she lost her sister. Her mother blamed her and just could not get over it. Her Dad tried but it just didn't work. 

Toni is finally let out on parole SEVERAL years later after serving time for a crime that wasn't her doing. So many things happen when  Toni is on parole. She wants again meets up with the girls from her school that had given her such a hard time in high school. I have to say these girls were bullies and it made me want to hop right into the book and help Toni out when she was in high school.

I don't want to give away to much about this wonderful story. It truly touched my heart what all Toni and Ryan go through and how their lives changed. So many things could have been different if a few people maybe would have stepped up and questioned things a little bit more. 

I really liked the layout of this story. Chevy Stevens has done a great job of telling us the whole story from the time Toni was in high school all the way through to when she is released out on parole and all the things that happen from there.

There is a lot of drama and suspense that certainly kept me turning pages. I could wait to find out how Toni & Ryan were going to be able to figure out exactly what had happened and who had done what. I won't tell you who did it but I will tell you that there were certainly some surprises that are revealed many years after the murder of Nicole. 

I found Chevy Stevens to have a lovely writing style that I found enjoyable to read. Now that I have had  a chance to read her work I would certainly not hesitate to read more, actually I would enjoy reading more. She writes a great suspenseful story that kept me turning pages quickly. If you enjoy a great suspenseful story then you really should check this one out. I think you will enjoy it. I know I certainly did. 

I did receive a copy of this book from the chatterbox program so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts on That Night with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment