Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sweet on You by Laura Drake ~ Sweet on a Cowboy #3 ~ Review

I have had the pleasure of reading all the books in the Sweet on a Cowboy Series. Sweet on You by Laura Drake is the third book in this wonderful series and it's just as awesome as the first two. 

Katya Smith is a healer and loves to help people. She used her amazing talent to help her fellow soldier in Afghanistan until she was horribly injured. She needed to find a way to deal with her panic attacks and PTSD, so she could return to her team. A friend helps her find a job on the PBR circuit. 

Cam Cahill is riding in his last season and has no idea what he is going to do with his life next. Cam is the a one rough and tough, bull riding, handsome cowboy. He is use to handling the pain he has, that is until he meets Katya and her magic fingers. These two do no hitch to start with. They really start off on the wrong foot but as they get to know each other things change. I loved watching these two get to know each other. They each have such an interesting personality that made for entertaining reading. 

In true Laura Drake fashion there is a lot of emotional moments that just plain tore my heart out. Laura Drake has a wonderful talent of making you really feel the story. Katya has a lot of painful moments to go through to learn how to cope with her PTSD issues. My heart just broke for this lovely lady. She has been through so much and has so many things to adjust to. Life back in the states after living through war is tough on her. I think Ms. Drake has done a fabulous job of showing us what our men and women serving their country go through when they return home. Not all their injuries are visible but they are certainly there. 

Cam Cahill has a lot of decision to make about his life and what he really wants. It's not long before he figures out that he really wants Katya to be a part of his future. However he has to convince Katya this is what she wants as well.

I LOVED this book and this series. To be perfectly honest I have LOVED everything I have read by this very talented author. She really does have a way of  really touching my heart and breaking a few pieces. I always end the book with a giant aww and a tear in my eye. 

If you enjoy an great cowboy book with a touching storyline then you really should check out Laura Drake's Sweet on a Cowboy Series. Each book has been fabulous in it's own way. I don't think you will have any problem picking up any of them and reading them as a stand alone. 

I will be impatiently awaiting the release of Laura Drake's next book. I can't wait to see what this talented lady has in store for us lucky readers next. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Sweet on You

You may read more of my reviews on Laura Drake's work here.....

Amazon Buy Links: 





No comments:

Post a Comment