Saturday, February 14, 2015

Edged Blade by J.C. Daniels ~ Colbana Files #4 ~ REVIEW

Edged Blade is the only the second book I have read in the Colbana Files series. The other book I have read was Bladed Magic ,a novella. It gave me a nice taste of this series but wow Edged Blade increased my appetite and I can't wait to read more of this great series. 

Kit Colbana is my kind of gal. This girl can get just about anything done and kick the bad guy or gal's rear end while she is solving the problem. If I was in a dangerous situation this is one woman I would want on my side and I sure wouldn't want to make her mad. If you can not tell I quickly grew fond of Kit and admired her for what all she has been through and all the issues she has been able to overcome.

Damon has been patient and supportive of Kit while she takes her time to heal and recover from the horrible events that happened. I haven't read the whole series so I don't know all the details but Kit was through some very traumatic events in the last year. How could I not love the fact that Damon has been patiently waiting for Kit to give the go ahead to resume their relationship. While he's waiting he is also watchful of Kit to try to take care of her as well. He has some very powerful people under him that try to know what Kit is up to in order to be of help. Kit doesn't always want or need the assistance but when she does Damon and his crew are there ready and willing to kick butt and ask questions later.

Justin is Kit's best friend and former lover. These two have a very deep and close friendship and would do anything to help the other. They also work together a lot to solve mysteries of NH world. In Edged Blade there is some really bad things happening and people missing. They set out to find out what's going on, why, and who is responsible. I don't want to tell you too much because you are going to want to read this great story to see what happens for yourself. 

There is a LOT of drama, suspense, some sweet romance along with  some steam, a strong sense of friendship and a few frenemy relationships that are interesting to watch. Overall this is one really great story that I could not put down. About the time I thought I knew what was going to happen next J.C. Daniels would throw another twist into the situation and I was once again spellbound. 

I have read this talented authors work in other genres and I always love her work. She is quite talented and I should not be surprised by her unbelievable talent anymore, but I am! This talented lady has a way with creating interesting characters that are very complex. The story lines she writes are so dramatic, and full of suspense with so many twist and turns that I can not help but want to keep reading to see what is going too happen on the next page, then the next, and well the next. You know the story, just one more page that turns into half a book later. 

If you have read the other the books in the Colbana files then you are gong to want to grab this book now! If you haven't read the other books but enjoy a great Urban Fantasy story, pick up one of these books. I haven't read the whole series and I am missing a few things but not enough to take away from the enjoyment of the story. I would love to read the rest of the series but I didn't have any problem reading this as a stand alone book.

I can not wait to see what happens in the next book. I know there is more to this story and of course I'm sure there is more to happen. Ms. Daniels is so creative I'm sure Kit is in for more adventure.

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Edged Blade

You may find more of my reviews on J.C. Daniels' work and alter ego Shiloh Walker by clicking here and here

Amazon Buy Links: 

 Edged Blade

 Broken Blade

 Night Blade 

 Blade Song 

 Bladed Magic 

 The Colbana Files (Boxed Set) 

No comments:

Post a Comment