Friday, March 6, 2015

Murder at the Book Group by Maggie King ~A Book Group Mystery #1 ~ Review

I enjoy a good mystery and I love reading, so a Murder at the Book Group sounded like a mystery I would enjoy. The cover also intrigued me. 

Hazel Rose has had an interesting life. When she needed a place to live she moves in with her cousin. Who just happens to live in the same town as her Hazel's ex-husband. The ex-husband whom Hazel is still in communication with. The ex is now married to the glamorous yet very mysterious Carlene. When Carlene ends up dead at the book group, Hazel sets out to see just which of the members is killer.

This book is full of twists and turns with plenty of drama. As the story went on I had so many suspect that may have killed Carlene! I just could not figure out which member was the guilty party. It seemed like everyone had a really good reason to killer the woman. Carlene had many secrets in her past that could have came back to well, kill her. 

I have to say this was a great plot line that kept me wondering who done it. I enjoyed watching Hazel get herself into a few interesting situations and then find a way out. 

The characters are well written with unique pasts. The plot line is intriguing, and Maggie King has an entertaining writing style. 

Overall I enjoyed the mystery and I liked Hazel Rose. She is quite the character and I think she would be an interesting character to meet in real life. I would certainly be interested in reading more by this author. She can certainly spin a mysterious web of intrigue. 

If you enjoy a mystery with plenty of twists and turns then I think you will enjoy this one. 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Murder at the Book Group

Amazon Buy Links:

 Murder at the Book Group


No comments:

Post a Comment