Thursday, October 8, 2015

Wicked Wager by Beverley Eikli ~ REVIEW ~

Wicked Wager is the first chance I have had to read anything by Beverley Eikli. It most certainly will not be my last. I quickly became caught up in the web of mystery, drama, and deception of Wicked Wager. I could not turn the pages quick enough to see where the next twist was going to lead. 

I quickly bonded with Celeste Rosington. She is a lady that just wants to be happy and fears that life is not going to allow her to be. She has been promised into a marriage with a man that certainly is not her prince charming. She is sweet, kind, intelligent, and caught up in a mess that is not of her making. 

Raphael only tried to turn the charm on when he needed something. I found myself wanting to have a little visit with this guy and it wouldn't have been a pleasant visit. He has many secrets that are hiding in his closet. I won't reveal what they are because you want to read this great story to find out all the inside details. 

I have to admit  I wasn't sure about  Lord Peregrine at the beginning of the story. I thought he was a cold heartless playboy that would do anything and hurt anyone to get what he wanted. It turns out there is a lot more to him than meets the eye and I found myself hurting for him a few times during the story.

Ms. Eikli has done a fabulous job of weaving together a fabulous story that kept me completely spellbound from the first page to the very last. The characters are wonderful and contain just the right traits that kept me guessing about their motives and actions. 

There is mystery, drama, romance, deception, family issues, moral issues, and just a whole lot of awesome going on inside the pages of this book. I would LOVE to read more by this very talented lady. If you are looking for a historical romance that is going to sweep you up in mystery and intrigue then hurry grab this one up NOW. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Wicked Wager. 

Amazon Buy Link: 

Wicked Wager

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Crystal, for such a lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed Wicked Wager :)

    ReplyDelete