Saturday, December 26, 2015

#Interview - Blow by Blow By Kate Hill

Blow by Blow
By Kate Hill
 ~*~*~*~*~*~
Interview:

Crystal: Today I have the honor of hosting Kate Hill. Welcome Kate! I'm so excited to have you join us today. Would you share a little bit about yourself with us today?

Kate: Thank you for having me here today. I've been writing romance for over twenty years. Most of my stories are erotic, but I have also written some traditional stories. My favorite subgenres are paranormal and historical. I especially love writing about vampires.

Crystal: What are you currently working on?

Kate: At the moment I'm working on the last story in my Scarlet Nights vampire series that's with Changeling Press. I'm also working on the second story in a romantic suspense series set in Victorian London.

Crystal: Where did you come up with the idea for for either your current release or your current WIP?

Kate:  My recent release, Blow by Blow, came about while I was plotting a story about the vigilante who appears in the book. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that Valentin and Theo's story needed to come first.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite snack that like to munch on while writing? If so would you mind sharing what it is with us?

Kate: Honestly, I can't eat and write at the same time. When I'm writing, I like to focus on the story. For breaks in between, though, I love fruit, yogurt and peanut butter.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite scene you would like to share with us?

Kate:  This scene is from my recent release, Blow by Blow. In this story, a hunky former heavyweight champ and an ass-kicking beauty fight for their lives and their love in a futuristic world of MMA.

"Oh wow. Where did these come from," Theo said, squatting by the pot. He let go of his bags and reached for the attached florist's card. He read it, smiled, rose, and slipped his arms around Valentin's neck. "Thank you."

Valentin hugged him back a bit awkwardly since grocery bags filled his hands. "Didn't know what else to give you as a welcome gift."

"I love blueberries."

"Kinda figured when you ate half my supply during breakfast yesterday morning."

Theo stepped back, his hands still cupping Valentin's neck. "Are you saying I'm a blueberry hog? Don't answer that. Come on." Theo opened the door, picked up his grocery bags, and stepped inside, Valentin close behind him.

They were quite hungry, so after putting away Theo's shopping, they sat down to lunch. When they finished, Theo did some quick housecleaning, not that he had much to do. The house was impeccable. Debra and her parents obviously took a lot of pride in their property. Valentin volunteered to help. While Valentin tidied up the lunch mess and opened the windows in the house to let in the fresh spring air, Theo cleaned the bathroom and unpacked his belongings.

"I know this hasn't been much of a date so far," Theo said.

He and Valentin stood in the bedroom where Theo was about to put the new sheets he'd bought on the bed.

"Fine with me," Valentin said, helping Theo tuck in the fitted sheet. They both reached for the top sheet at the same time and Valentin closed his hand over Theo's. He tugged Theo closer.

Even with the thick heels on his boots, Theo still had to tilt his face up to meet Valentin's gaze. Valentin dipped his head toward Theo to cover his mouth with a kiss.

Closing his eyes, Theo surrendered. He pressed even closer to Valentin.


Crystal: When you are not busy writing wonderful stories to keep us lucky readers entertained, what do you like to do? Do you have a hobby? 

Kate:  I love to work out, read and watch horror movies.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite background noise you like to having going while you write (TV, Music, kids playing)? 

Kate:  When I'm writing a first draft, I enjoy listening to music that fits the tone of the story, but when I'm working on edits, I prefer quiet.

Crystal: Thanks for visiting. It has been a pleasure having you visit today. Can you think of anything else you would like to share with us today?

Kate:  I love to connect with readers, so please feel free to stop by my website, blogs and social media. Links to everything can be found at http://www.kate-hill.com. Thank you so much for having me as a guest, Crystal!

 ~*~*~*~*~*~
Blurb: 

Theo "Little Raven" Fisker, is a bantamweight with attitude who plans to make a name for himself in the Radical Warrior Tournament, a prestigious mixed martial arts event. The problem is no team will sign a male fighter who walks out in silver and pink with nail polish to match, until he meets Master Jesse.

Impressed by Theo's talent, Jesse welcomes him onto his up and coming team. Fists and sparks fly when Theo meets gorgeous Valentin Merrickson. Theo draws Valentin out of his protective armor and sparks hope for a life the tough heavyweight never imagined possible. Their love grows, but threats from extremists and an injury that ends Valentin's career in the cage might tear them apart. 

M/M Erotic Romance
Release Date: 11/24/2015

Purchase Link:
Amazonbookstrand


2 comments: